IT Inventory & Asset Management
Device42 provides comprehensive IT asset management capabilities including powerful, continuous asset auto-discovery and configurable asset types that accommodate any IT asset type within in your infrastructure.
Inventory & Asset Management
- Agentless and/or agent-based Continuous Auto-discovery
- Physical and Virtual hardware and software inventory
- Inventory assets on-premise and in the cloud
- Choose from predefined asset types or create custom types to suit your needs
- Track and visualize relationships between assets
- QR code and barcode generation with smartphone support
- Scalability, from small to huge – No inventory too large
- Automatic warranty checking, reporting, and tracking
- Powerful, customizable reports
An accurate inventory that is ALWAYS audit-ready
Populate your inventory quickly and effortlessly with an extensive range of auto-discovery tools that support physical, virtual, hybrid, and cloud infrastructures.
- Discovery tools are agentless and/or agent-based (don’t compromise – mix and match!)
- All discoveries can be scheduled so your inventory is always up-to-date
- Multiple discovery protocols supported (e.g. SNMP, WMI, SSH, Modbus.
- Native support for popular virtualization platforms, both public and private cloud included
- Native support for blade chassis
- Powerful, well documented RESTful API with sample scripts for custom discovery support
Device42 locates and updates your devices automatically, making it easy to document physical, virtual, blade, clusters, switches or any other device types.
Featuring easy to use, multi-edit data entry pages which allow you to add and modify hardware components from a single page. While editing a device, simply open a new tab to see all locations that part number exists, and inventory counts for that specific model or part number as well.
Device42’s powerful software discovery provides organizations a comprehensive, accurate profile of the software deployed on Windows and Linux machines across the entire IT infrastructure, from the server to the desktop.
- Compare current usage to license counts
- Detect prohibited software
- Track license agreements and expiration dates
- Identify purchased vs. installed software
- Provide customizable notification alerts
- Ensure compliance & manage costs
Device42 can track user, device and CPU based licensing models!
Track relationships between assets
Device42 provides the powerful ability to track and visualize operational dependencies.
Device42’s detailed Impact Charts:
- Display downward dependencies from Virtual Host or Blade Chassis to contained VM’s
- Visualize service connections between them
- See a clear map of your operations
- Quickly understand the trickle-down effect of a service interruption if a blade or service were to become unavailable
QR codes & Asset Tags
with smartphone support for inventory management
Say goodbye to traditional barcode readers – use your mobile devices for ITAM procedures. With an optimized web portal for mobile devices, view device and asset inventory while you walk down the aisles of your data center.
- Print customized QR codes and auto-assign customizable asset numbers
- Manage an unlimited number of Non-IP Assets
- Ensure that asset audits are both fast and accurate